Thymoquinone is a phytochemical compound found in the plant Nigella sativa.Black seed (Nigella sativa) is an annual flowering plant native to southwest Asia. It has a pungent, bitter taste and a faint smell of strawberries. It is used primarily in candies and liquors, as well as medicinally. In many Arab, Asian, and African countries, black seed oil is used as a natural remedy for a wide range of diseases, including various allergies.
Black seed was found to improve pulmonary function tests and symptoms of asthma in patients with asthma and in chemical war victims. Also, four separate studies in patients with allergies (allergic rhinitis, bronchial asthma, atopic eczema) reported that black seed decreased subjective measures of allergic disease severity, slightly decreased plasma triglycerides, and slightly increased HDL cholesterol. A limited number of high-quality human trials support the use of black seed for any other indication.
Black seed contains a number of compounds, including thymoquinone. Secondary sources indicate that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) granted a patent for a drug based on a pharmaceutical composition containing extracts of Nigella sativa to be used as an immune system stimulant and cancer treatment, and for the prevention of the side effects of chemotherapy.
1. Scavenges free radical, eliminate speckles.
2. Enhances cardiovascular health.
3. Inhibits growth and formation of certain types of cancer.
4. Improves visual performance in humans.
5. Reduces symptoms of premenstrual syndrome.
6. Reduces symptoms in gastric ulcers.
7. Protects cells against drug, chemical and environmental pollutants toxicity.
8. Reduce aging and loss of elasticity in skin etc.
1) Black seed extract thymoquinone has been applied in health product field;
2) Black seed extract thymoquinone has been applied in pharmaceutical field;
3) Black seed extract thymoquinone has been applied in cosmetic field.
4) Black seed extract thymoquinone has been applied in pharmaceutical field.
||Sealed to keep away from moisture
|Items of analysis
||Brown yellow powder
|Residual organic solvents
|Total bacteria count
|Loss on drying
Conform with enterprise standard